Hi There!! Welcome to my blog. It is a place for me to show you some of my work and let you into my world a little post at a time!
Thank you for visiting. Be sure to leave a comment, I like to know what you think. Positive and Constructive feedback is appreciated :)

Monday, August 9, 2010

How NOT to make smores.

"What did the camper say to the other camper?" 

I want smore.......... ( I  know, I know, don't quit my day job right? )

I have a story. Some may find it a funny story. Some may find it a scary story.  I found it the story of a lifetime.

For Christmas, my brother and sister-in-law bought my husband a smores kit. Not just any ol' smores kit, but a fun, kid loving, can't wait to try it kinda smores kit.

While camping, Dawson (my son) fell off the monkey bars (like 9feet tall monkey bars). Thinking that the smores kit would take his mind off of the pain, we decided to let him start by roasting the marshmellows.
Traditionally, one would place a marshmallow on the end of a skewer or stick and hold it close to the flame of the campfire. This would warm the marshmallow and when placed inside two graham crackers with chocolate, the marshmallow would soften or melt the chocolate for a yummy treat. Well, since we don't do anything the "traditional" way, Dawson's marshmellow caught on fire. NORMALLY, you would blow the flame out, and continue to use the yummy marshmellow. Now this may be a little graphic, if you can't handle it, stop reading NOW.....
Dawson pulled the skewer out of the fire and brought it up to his face to blow out the marshmellow.
BUT, instead of it reaching his mouth, the flaming marshmellow flung off the skewer, hit the side of his head, caught in his hair still flaming. He jumped up, screaming at the top of his lungs and smacking the side of his head to get the flames out. Upon smacking out the flames, my poor boy smashed the marshmellow into his ear. Yep, you got it, flaming marshmellow in the crevices of his ear! Thankfully my dear friend Shannon and her husband Jeff quickly came to their senses and took the icepack of his leg (remember monkey bar fall) and placed on his ear.
A 40 minute drive to the emergency room, a good ear cleaning, some bandages, and we're good to go!

The culprit.

How we "safely" cooked smores the next night.

No comments:

Post a Comment